- Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur.,Well, maybe not everybody,
but a lot of people do.But very few people
actually pull the trigger,,and even fewer succeed.
- What are the barriers there?
- – Talent.,- But that’s disheartening.,That means you’re just like, you’re born-,you can either play in
the NBA or you can’t.,- No.,That’s a very good point.,I think it’s the following.,My brother AJ is a better
basketball player than me,cause he’s put in more work on
his left hand and his jumper,,so he deserves it.
- He’s not in the NBA.,You can be an entrepreneur.,The problem is we’ve lost sight,of being an entrepreneur who makes $137,000 a year,,doing what she or he loves, as an amazing life.,But right now everybody thinks,they’re going to be Mark Zuckerberg.,So we’ve become audacious, and ludicrous and delusional,in our entrepreneurial ambitions.
- And so I think we need a level of self awareness.I think people are trying to be entrepreneurs,at a level we’ve never seen before,cause the cost of entry of saying that,you’re an entrepreneur in your,Instagram account is very easy.
- It’s also cool right now.,I’m actually quite scared about that,because I don’t want to be the face of that,because I think 95% of
people are gonna fail.
- Especially when the economy fails.,Let me say something straight to camera.,If you’re not a successful
entrepreneur right now,,in the easiest time to be
a successful entrepreneur,,cause there’s so much money in the system,and the internet is at scale, you suck.
- – All right, that’s some
tough love right there.,
- – It’s the truth.,This is the easiest time
in the history of life,to be a successful entrepreneur.,And if you’re not, and you’re struggling,,then you’re not an entrepreneur.,Listen, I’d love to be playing
for the Jets and the Knicks,,or be opening the Grammy’s.,It’s fun, sounds rad.,I’m just not capable.,Doesn’t mean I can’t sing better.,Doesn’t mean I can’t be
a better football player,,backyard in Central Park.,You gotta put in the work,,and you have to be self
aware of your upside.,The other thing is, we
have too many students,,who now think that
entrepreneurship is cool.
- If you weren’t selling lemonade and baseball cards,or pogs or burning CDs and flipping them at school.,If you don’t have sales
DNA or operational DNA,,or it wasn’t fun to play
store when you were five,,you didn’t gravitate towards it naturally.,You’re gravitating towards
it now cause it’s cool.,- Right, and I take it
you did all those things.,- All those things.,And so did so many of the
people that are successful,as entrepreneurs.
- Right, yup.,The same as singers went to choir.,The same as actors signed up for the,thespian club freshman year.,It matters, the work
matters, the talent matters.,- What if they-,- You don’t get to wake
up one day and just say,,I’m gonna start the Uber of bananas.,It’s just crazy what’s going on out there.,Just the greatest generation,of fake entrepreneurship we’ve ever seen.,- Yeah, and that’s cause of
the internet, I mean right?,- Yeah. It’s so easy to just…,- And it’s cool.,- Cause it’s cool.,- It’s cultural.,- If us said we’re gonna be
rappers, that’s cool too,,but very quickly we’re have
to prove if we can rap.,I’ll be like cool, rap.,And then you can’t and you’re
like you’re not a rapper.,I could say I’m gonna be a
professional basketball player.,I’m like cool, show me.,You can’t prove to somebody in one second,that you’re not an entrepreneur.
error: Content is protected !!